Mobile now accounts for 49% of Facebook’s total advertising revenue
Selected data from Facebook’s Q3 earnings report:
- Daily active users, September 2013: 728 million
- Monthly active users, September 2013: 1.19 billion
- Mobile daily active users, September 2013: 507 million
- Mobile monthly active users, September 2013: 874 million
- Revenues: $ 2.02 billion
- GAAP net income: $ 425 million
- Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 49% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2013.
I believe most active smartphone and tablet users see Facebook as an app, not a website. I know I do. It started out as a website and now it’s a service reachable from a range of devices. It’s been a while since Facebook turned on the mobile money switch and now the company has started to successfully finetune its mobile ads. As long as Facebook can remain the connected social service where “everyone” has an account in their real names, mobile revenues will rise together with smartphone and tablet adoption.